Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pretty brutal right now

My department at work got cut by one resource.  We were already running at capacity and now...well, I'm working on stuff at night and on the weekends.  It's pretty endless right now.  I'm very tired and worn down.  As a result I've had chance to talk to any of my friends.  I have a whole bunch of email that I need to return and don't know when I'll be able.

But worst of all.  My cat.  The cat that we've only had for a few months.  She got out on Friday night and she didn't come home.  My wife woke my up that morning and said "she's dead".  She had been struck by a car.  I'm pretty much is shock about it.  I am not a cat person but I felt a great deal for her.  To get hit like that.  It's unbelievable and it feels very wrong.  I'm sure it was some jack-ass driving too fast.  I swear one of these days I'm going to take a bucket of rocks, stand in the middle of the road and toss them at cars as they speed by.

I have no idea why the cat was over by the road.  She showed no interest in it before.  We looked but didn't think to look over that way.  For all I know she got hit that night.  I'll never know.  It's just very sad.  I have trouble sleeping when I think about it. 

I'm feeling a bit depressed about things in general right now.  It's not my normal self.  Usually, I'm very upbeat and am a perpetual optimist.  Right now I'm just a bit worn.  I miss my cat.  Blah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home