Monday, April 02, 2007

The Wind of Change

This weekend was a nice rest after a long last few weeks.  Work has been very insane and I was on the last two weeks of my cut (diet) to try and lose some body fat.  I appear to have reached my weight goal.  My body fat is somewhere around 10-12%.  I really cannot get any lower right now as I need to bulk up.  I've extremely thin.  Anyway, I can see the beginning of abs.  I'll have to wait until later this year to see the rest of them. 

My allergies have been killing me.  Tree Pollen has been very high this last week in Portland.  By the end of the night I can't breath without using other-the-counter nose spray to open up my nose.  I didn't really have a problem my first year here, but they say that's typical when you move to a new place.  Now, it sucks.

This weekend I joined a gym.  It's download in Portland.  I'm going to probably change my schedule to get there super early.  Workout, shower and then walk the rest of the way to work.  I plan on doing 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio (I'll probably do another thing of cardio on Saturday, but I'm not going into the city for that).  My goal is to gain around 15-20 pounds of muscle and then go back to cutting to get that last bit of body fat off.  I met with a trainer this morning to discuss things.  This is basically an opportunity for them to get a health assessment on me and try to sell me training.  I had no intent on having a trainer going it and he pretty much cemented that by measuring me completely wrong (upping my body fat by 3-4%), and giving me apocryphal diet advice.  

It did give me a chance to look around the gym though.  I was planning on taking the week off to give my body a rest, but I feel pretty good.  I think I'll start with some cardio tomorrow and then go into weights on Wednesday.  I've pretty much worked out my routine.

I also got glasses on Saturday.  I'd not had a pair of decent glasses for about 15 years. The ones I had would have made Larry King's look downright stylish.  I ended up with a nice pair of Armani frames (seen at: http://www.framesdirect.com/cdimages_lg/19n_07s9.jpg).  They make me look older, but hopefully in a good way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home