Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Nice Weekend


It's nice that I'm finally getting caught up on work. I feel like it might be short lived though. One of my peers called me yesterday and was in full burnout mode. I'm not sure how long he's going to be in this position before he decides it's too hard for him.

This weekend was nice. On Saturday we went to the zoo. On Sunday the wife and I went out for Lebanese food (yum) and see a movie. My in-laws watched the kids while we went out.

The movie was fantastic Irish film "Once". The movie is about a Dublin based singer songwriter that spends his day working in on on vacuum shop and his nights playing on the streets of Dublin. His songs are about being broken hearted and still so much in love. One night a young cheque girl asks him who his songs are about. This begins a relationship that will change both of their lives.

I wont spoil the details, but "Once" moves deliberately revealing bits of the characters lives and their potential. The movie might be best described as a modern day musical without the jarring breaks in reality. Think more The Commitments and less Chicago.

Other than a few minor quibbles (i.e., a few too many music video moments), the film stands as one of the best music films produced in the last two decades and will easily rank well in my top ten films for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home